It's Friday again and I am so excited to share this next story with you as it truly does resonate with me personally. Any of you currently working a 9-5 job and itching to take that leap to make your side hustle your main gig? Read on as our next female figure shares her journey from being a publishing exec to running a successful business, insight into what her day looks like (not chained to a desk!) and how she balances motherhood and business.
1. Tell us a bit about yourself and how you came into business?
Lauren: I don't think running my own business was where I expected to find myself but I always knew I wanted to be in a creative field. After studying Interior Architecture at uni I went into graphic design in the publishing world of books and magazines. I'm really passionate about print but it's definitely been a tough few years in the industry and when I was looking for a new challenge I started to explore the idea of doing something of my own. I was really getting into my indoor plants and could see it was a growing trend, around this time I met my now business partner Sophia Kaplan and we joined forces to create what is now Leaf Supply.
2. How are you finding your Moodyboard and has it helped with your line of work?
Lauren: I'm a really visual person and I love being able to display things on my moody board. From family polaroids to inspiration for the new book, I'm constantly changing it up with the help of my moody magnets. It fits so beautifully in my space and the sage colourway compliments all the plants perfectly.
3. What does your typical work day look like?
Lauren: One of the best things about running your own business is the variety, no two days look exactly the same. The diversity is very appealing for a girl who was regularly chained to my computer in previous jobs. From creating content for social media, putting together eDM's and other marketing material to getting out to nurseries to source plants and getting my hands in the soil, I relish the different elements that make up my days.
4. As a mum, what are the challenges you face when running a business, and what do you do to overcome those challenges?
5. As a business owner, what tips do you have for others who are just starting out/ thinking of starting a business?
- Tags: autumnleaves botanicalwares FemaleFigures laurencamilleri leafsupply Moodyboard Moodyshapes plants smallbusiness womeninbusiness womensupportingwomen